Friday, March 26, 2021

Action Plan

 Upon further reflecting on the Formative Assignment feedback, I have realised I need to get together an action plan to be able to get everything I need to do done. I am also going to create a songwriting inspiration/production ideas playlist to be able to look at all of the songs side by side and compare and contrast to find any similarities/differences. Another thing I am going to do is book some academic 1-1s to help me with the written work. I also want to make it a routine to make sure I practice guitar or piano at least once a day so I can improve as much as I can and keep my creativity going. Every day, I write at least one line of lyrics, which are very useful later on when I feel stuck with a song.

As of now, I have 5 weeks till the submission. I am going to put together a week by week table in order to be able to achieve/keep track of what I am doing. I realise now that I would have benefited from doing this at the start of term, however I spent the first half of the term freaking out and feeling burnt out so I didn't feel as if I could do such thing, as I had no sense of direction to start from.

 Week (from today)

 Obsolete Commiserations

Whats The Matter With You?

 1

Get a solid guitar track down and decide on the structure of the song and start lyrics that are missing.

Write lyrics even if they are just place holders.

Determine the role of every instrument in the song.

 2

Edit lyrics and solidify melody line for each section to record on my computer at home.

Finish writing the lyrics to prepare to record in class with the band as it will be the last LPW lesson we get!

 3

Finish recording vocals/bass and midi program any synths I want.

Further deconstruct my creative ideas/decisions to do with this song and finish up the rest of my diary.

 4

Mix/produce (roughly, as I don't have much experience and am being marked on my songwriting) the song and do any final editing it needs.

Choose points for reflective essay and write a rough template for it.

 5

Finish and hand in the song with the written work and reflection.

Finish and hand in the song with the written work and reflection.

No comments:

Post a Comment

References

Barât, C. (2006)  Last Of The Small Town Playboys.  London:   Mercury Records Limited. [online] Available at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?...