Friday, February 26, 2021

Week 5

This week we spoke about perfectionism and how it can affect your workflow. I realised I need to stop my perfectionism from getting in the way of my recording/creativity.

I showed Georgia (one of my tutors) a snippet of my recording which is a big thing for me as I wasn’t proud of the way it sounded at all. I learnt that my guitar playing isn't absolutely terrible and that it is more important to get a rough demo for the track than to perfect every detail. 

I have also just realised that for some reason when listening through my headphones, effects are really loud, but when I play it through my mac I have to turn them all the way up in order to be able to hear it. I don’t know why this is but I am going to ask my tutor Adam about it to see if he knows whats going on.  

I also told Georgia about how I was struggling with my recordings and explained the process I go through which is very frustrating to me. I realise now that I am too over critical of my playing when actually its not that bad and as I think and as a demo recording it is perfectly fine. I am going to try and record a whole song even if its just a rough sketch of the thing and aim to show it next week in my lesson.

Later on in the week I also went and showed Amba and George my scratch guitar recording, which was terrifying, but made me realise teachers aren't going to judge me if my recording isn't of a high standard. After all, I am here to learn and it's all part of my process.

Here are more lyrics I wrote for the second verse and break section in Uptight Insights, and a rough idea of what structure I want the song to have:







No comments:

Post a Comment

References

Barât, C. (2006)  Last Of The Small Town Playboys.  London:   Mercury Records Limited. [online] Available at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?...